Raider Generation

The Student News Site of Stevens High School

Raider Generation

Raider Generation

Has Terry Peaked This Year?

Jackson+Anderson+and+his+dad%2C+Stevens+teacher+Mic+Anderson%2C+enjoy+some+time+on+the+slopes.+
Jackson Anderson and his dad, Stevens teacher Mic Anderson, enjoy some time on the slopes.

Terry Peak is a big attraction for Stevens High School students during the winter months. This year it officially opened December 14th. And while it was “open” there was plenty of work to make that happen. Crews had to make snow and get the slopes ready for eager skiers and snowboarders.

Jackson Anderson has been skiing at Terry Peak 15 to 20 times this season so far. When asked how the conditions were at Terry Peak this year he stated, “Could be better, lack of snow and cold temperatures are not my favorite.”

Mother nature was not helpful at all so some slopes remained closed in the beginning. Even though the conditions are not ideal for Jackson he still loves going up to ski. Since the conditions aren’t Anderson’s favorite, he still enjoys the atmosphere and time outside, “The local community is the best! It’s small enough to know lots of people, but big enough to still have lots of fun”.

So, even though the conditions are not outstanding Terry Peak is still an amazing attraction for Stevens High School students to go and have fun at during the winter months.

Slopes are open until the end of March or early April, depending on the weather, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.