Raider Generation

The Student News Site of Stevens High School

Raider Generation

Raider Generation

Insiders Guide to Junior Year

Junior+students+jumped+for+the+time+of+their+life+during+advnaced+photography.+
Abigail Inman
Junior students jumped for the time of their life during advnaced photography.

Junior year for many is the year where everything starts picking up and beginning to get harderand much more stressful. But beside the increase of homework and the higher expectations this yearcan become the most memory filled year for many students.

For Brynn Nelson this year has been a rollercoaster of emotions, schoolwork and memories. She says, “To me junior year is the easiest year as far as homework, but the testing has been challenging.”

Junior football player and wrestler, Ayden Kellogg, has been having a success filled year in his academics and sports. He says the best part is having more freedom and he loves having his open periods and being able to do what he wants.

Similarly, Junior Tyler Larson belives his year has been good. His classes are easier, and he knows how to get around the school easier. His teachers are nicer, and he has started studying for the ACT and looking at colleges.

Another benefit to being upper classmen is that you are able to go to Prom without being asked by an upper classman and when is asked her if she was looking forward to anything Nelson said, “As far as the year in general I’m looking forward to the Prom.”

As juniors, you have three months until you are officially seniors, and you are all anticipating theseniors experiences. Kellogg is excited for his senior year, one year closer to being an adult, but he is especially looking forward to his senior year of sports. While he he will miss his teammates that will be graduating and taking with them energy that they bring in sports and everyday activities, he has learned to be that type of leader.

Like Kellogg, Nelson and Larson are heavily involved in activities. Larson is involved in many different extra-curricular activities such as drama, psychology club, and tennis, as well as working two jobs.

But you should slow down and remember all the good times going on right now, “One thing I’ll remember from this year is all the homecoming memories”, said Nelson. 

Larsonhopes that underclassmen will take his advice, “Don’t give up, a lot of people get a bad grade and they give up, keep trying; a lot of teachers are forgiving”.
Now what will you most remember most about this year?